Tuesday, June 8, 2010

It's My Fault Your Ex Was Crazy

It's My Fault Your Ex Was Crazy...

All right ladies and friends, I'm pretty sure that I have become the poster child for "Rebound Relationship". I have a radar that hones in on men who are just coming out of a horrific, vile, damaging, and destructive relationship. And while I am a good person, with good intentions, and a huge heart, I somehow become the scapegoat or "practice person". I get the brunt of every learning lesson and become the victim of relationships past ghosts or as I refer to them, demons and medusas...

Here are the things that I have encountered as the rebound...

1. I don't go to anyone else's place b/c my ex ALWAYS made me go to her house.
2. I don't have sex in any position but the ones I like, b/c my ex NEVER let me do the positions I liked.
3. I don't answer phone calls or texts or respond to voicemails, b/c my ex made me do that.
4. I don't make plans or commitments, b/c my ex was always planning my time for me.
5. I don't let women make me meals b/c my ex never liked what I cooked and I want to make what I want.
6. I don't meet my girl friend's friends b/c they will just nag me like my ex's friends.
7. I don't have to talk to you for days at a time or give you any reason why I'm not talking to you b/c my time is my time and I don't have to care about your feelings or act like a decent human being b/c my ex was crazy.
8. I don't like it when you breathe b/c my ex used to breathe.
9. I don't like to talk about sex b/c my ex thought I was bad in bed and you probably do too.
10. I don't believe in birthdays or celebrating them b/c my ex never let me celebrate mine.
11. I don't do nice things for women just to show them I care b/c my ex never appreciated that and I refuse to spend any money or energy on women anymore.

You see where all of this is going...yes, you had a crazy ex. Yes, she treated you like shit. But, I was under the impression that was over, you broke up, and you're moving on. As you asked me out and started up something with me, I mistakenly thought that I could just be me and allow you to be you, and we could get to know one another. I have had some awful relationships and have dated the biggest narcissistic douche bags this side of the Pacos, but I would never punish you for their mistakes, it's a bit surprising that I am so easily punished for the mistakes of your ex. I agree you are coming from a wounded and defensive place, but if all is so horrible, why are you messing around in relationships to begin with? If you are so angry and hurt and "gettin yours" do you have to do it in such a destructive manner that you are doing to another human being what your ex did to you? Does another person who has never wronged you deserve to pay the price for your ex's actions? I think not.

So, you have seen the signs ladies. When those words are uttered "Well my ex used to..." Just run. Get out. They are clearly not over their last relationship. They are still sifting thru the wreckage and hauling around all that baggage. Yes, I am sure they are great people with big hearts and limitless potential, but it's just not time to try to be anything special to them. You can resign yourself to being a friend, but anything more than that is just a joke. You are better than being someone's rebound. Someone's scapegoat and whipping post.

It's not your fault their ex was crazy, but it is your fault you are their rebound.

No comments:

Post a Comment